Advantages on insulation 266x266 1

What is it?

Cellulose is loose-fill insulation, it’s made of recycled paper, consisting primarily of newspaper but also including some other papers such as cardboard. It is the best environmentally-conscious option because it is sourced from recycled materials. Cellulose insulation is treated with boric acid, which makes it fire resistant, resists mould and makes it unpalatable to insects and other pests.

Installed without gaps

Cellulose ceiling insulation provides a much better performance value than fibreglass insulation, especially when it comes to reducing your electricity bills. Air tightness levels can be increased by as much as 30% by choosing cellulose over its counterpart.

Cellulose insulation is very good at fitting around items in your ceiling like ducts and electrical wiring, leaving virtually no air pockets that can reduce the overall efficiency of the ceiling insulation. Dense pack cellulose can seal the ceiling from air infiltration while providing the density to limit convection, when installed properly.

Fire, Mould and Vermin Resistant

The health risks from cellulose are far fewer than those from fibreglass, as it’s comprised mainly from recycled components. The boric acid treatment also gives cellulose the highest fire safety rating, as well as protects against mould, insects and other pests, such as rats. These pests find the boric acid unpalatable and will often be repelled by it.

Have a look at this burn test of cellulose insulation

Environmentally Friendly

Cellulose insulation helps reduce the mountains of discarded paper and cardboard by recycling it into ceiling insulation.

It has the highest amount of recycled content when compared to any other forms of insulation. The material is composed of 85-90% recycled paper fibres that are obtained from recycled waste newspaper. The remaining 10% is made up of fire retardant substances, like boric acid. In comparison, fibreglass has around only 50% recycled content.

There are many great advantages to using cellulose for your ceiling insulation. Cool or Cosy SUPACELL cellulose insulation is manufactured in Adelaide according to strict guidelines, ensuring our insulation adheres to the Australian Standard, providing our clients with peace of mind and the highest quality possible.

*promotion ends 31st of December 2023, Terms & Conditions apply.
20% Off, Plus Up To 48 Months Interest Free*