Picture 6 266x266 1

Do you need insulation in your home’s ceiling, and you’re looking for more information about quality insulation like cellulose? We’ll walk you through what cellulose insulation is, the roof insulation manufacturer process and why it is the best choice for your roof insulation.

Cool or Cosy’s Cellulose insulation is a good investment that will keep your home energy efficient, eco-friendly and have been manufacturing it in Adelaide for more than 30 years. Our roof insulation is manufactured according to strict guidelines, ensuring our product adheres to the Australian Standard. Providing our clients with peace of mind and the highest quality possible.

What is Cellulose Insulation?

Cellulose insulation is one of the oldest form of home insulation. It can be either a loose-fill or blown-in insulation and can be used in both new and existing homes.

This type of insulation is made of recycled paper, consisting primarily of newspaper but also including some other papers such as cardboard. It is the best environmentally-conscious option because it is sourced from recycled materials. Cellulose insulation is treated with boric acid, which makes it fire resistant, resists mould and makes it unpalatable to insects and other pests.

Typical where cellulose is used is in enclosed existing walls, open new walls, and unfinished attic floors. It is primarily made from recycled newsprint. These small particles form an insulation material that conforms to most spaces without disturbing the structure or finish.

What is Cellulose Insulation Made of?

Cellulose insulation is composed of 85% fiber from recycled paper (newspapers, phone books, shipping boxes, etc), and is one of the most environmentally friendly types of insulation currently available. The remaining 15% is composed of natural fire retardants and anti-fungal agents such as boric acid.

How We Manufacture Roof Insulation

The production process for a roof insulation manufacturer of cellulose insulation starts with recycled newsprint, which is initially shredded into strips 5 cm long.

Next, it is mixed with boric acid to aid in fire-retardation and combat mould growth and fend off pests, wood decay and corrosion.

This process is followed by a high speed fiberisation process that reduces the size of the fibers to about 4mm long and mixed with more boric acid.

We then pack the insulation so that it is ready to be transported and installed.

How Cellulose Insulation Works in your Ceiling

Our cellulose insulation can be used in both existing homes and new construction. It is made from tiny pieces of paper, so it can effectively fit around obstacles like framing joists or recessed light fixtures. Having insulation that can be custom-fit means that it will perform better, effectively holding in heat during the winter and keeping out heat during the summer.

Cellulose roof insulation is very good at fitting around items in your ceiling like ducts and electrical wiring, leaving virtually no air pockets that can reduce the overall efficiency of the ceiling insulation.

It provides a much better performance value than fibreglass insulation, especially when it comes to reducing your electricity bills. Air tightness levels can be increased by as much as 30% by choosing cellulose over its counterpart.

Contact Cool or Cosy – Roof Insulation Manufacturer

Cool or Cosy’s Cellulose insulation is a good investment that will keep your home energy efficient and eco-friendly. If you need any assistance, Cool or Cosy’s insulation specialists are here to help. You can even schedule a free insulation inspection today.

    *promotion ends 31st of December 2023, Terms & Conditions apply.
    20% Off, Plus Up To 48 Months Interest Free*